|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|“||He was never noticed. She was never heard. But together they might be the next big thing.||”|
— Description on Nickelodeon's Rags page
Rags is a Nickelodeon Original TV Movie. It stars Max Schneider, Keke Palmer, Drake Bell, and Avan Jogia. The film's plot is similar to Cinderella, but with a male lead. It follows Charlie Prince, an orphan, living with his "evil" stepfather and stepbrothers, and Kadee Worth, an international pop star. Charlie dreams to be a singer, but can't catch a break, while Kadee wants the world to hear her talent, not what she is forced to sing. It premiered on Nickelodeon May 28, 2012.
Rags follows the story of Charlie Prince, an orphan living with his acerbic and unloving stepfather and spoiled, simple-minded stepbrothers. Charlie's dream is to be a singer, and while he is vocally talented and can write music, he can't seem to catch a break. Kadee Worth, on the other hand, is the daughter of music mogul Reginald Worth and is an international pop phenomenon. While the world knows her as a glamorous superstar, she is secretly frustrated with singing other people's songs and wearing clothes other people choose for her. Kadee wants the world to hear and see her true talent. Despite every obstacle that gets thrown in their way, once Charlie and Kadee find one another, they each finally get what they have been looking for – a voice, a stage, an audience and each other.
- Max Schneider as Charlie Prince, the "Cinder-fella"
- Keke Palmer as Kadee Worth, the "Princess"
- Drake Bell as Shawn, the "Fairy Godfather"
- Avan Jogia as Finn, a potential love interest to Kadee
- Zak Santiago as Diego, one of the "mice" to the Cinder-fella
- Christina Sicoli as Martha, one of the "mice" to the Cinder-fella
- Isaiah Mustafa as Reginald Worth, Kadee's father
- Robert Moloney as Arthur, Charlie's evil stepfather
- Keenan Tracey as Andrew, one of Charlie's evil stepbrothers
- Burkely Duffield as Lloyd, one of Charlie's evil stepbrothers, later reformed
- Devon Weigel as Irma, Kadee's publicist and stylist
- Luisa D'Oliveira as MTV VJ
- Maggie Ma as the receptionist
- Carlena Britch as Tammy, one of Kadee's best friends
- Tracy Spiridakos as one of Kadee's best friends
- Stand Out
- Me And You Against The World
- Look At Me Now
- Perfect Harmony
- Nothing Gets Better Than This
- Hands Up
- Not So Different At All
- Love You And Hate You
Filming of the movie took place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Shooting began in mid May of 2011 and wrapped on June 21, 2011.
- Kadee leaves some of her mail in the ground when she goes to catch up with Trumpet.
- In the Look At Me Now scene, Charlie is strumming his ukulele, but stops to help Kadee off the bench, though the ukulele is still heard playing.
- Also in the Look At Me Now scene, more instruments than were shown were heard playing, such as the piano.